NEW Autumn/Winter 2013 Model - a high quality and superbly cushioned running shoe for overpronators.
With its combination of cushioning and stability, the new GEL-PHOENIX offers a high quality running shoe for overpronators.
This model features both Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning to provide a superbly cushioned ride. This is enhanced by the SpEVA midsole insert in the heel which creates extra cushioning to absorb the shock of impact.
The DuoMax Support System in the midsole offers ample support and stability for overpronators.
To ensure greater durability, the outsole is reinforced with ASICS High Abrasion Resistance rubber.
- 3M SCOTCHLITE™ - A special reflective material that enhances visibility when light is poor.
- AHAR+ - This is a thinner and lighter version of ASICS High Abrasion Resistance rubber. It is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to reduce excessive wear.
- CALIFORNIA SLIP LASTING - For stability and comfort. Upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
- DUOMAX - A proprietary ASICS system that consists of two different density midsole materials and designed to provide smooth overpronation control.
- GEL (REARFOOT & FOREFOOT) CUSHIONING SYSTEM - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- REMOVABLE SOCKLINER - A sockliner which can be removed to accomodate a medical orthotic.
- SpEVA Midsole Material - Improves bounce back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
- TRUSSTIC SYSTEM - A moulded component under the mid-foot area/arch. Provides strength and stability without the loss of flexibility, and in combination with the contoured midsole, helps to control torsion.