NEW Autumn/Winter 2013 Colourway - Asics' iconic speed shoe, lightweight and offering a more direct road feel. Perfect for fast-paced training and racing.
The Guidance Trusstic works with the Guidance Line along the outsole. Together they encourage a more efficient gait while giving support to the midfoot.
Besides Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning, the shoe features the Dynamic DuoMax Support System in the midsole to create enhanced support and stability.
The Clutch Counter creates a snug and dynamic fit around your heel. The Hotmelt upper design contains less stitching, and less potential for irritation, to create a superb fit.
The outsole of the GEL-DS TRAINER 18 is made of WetGrip RubberSponge, designed to ensure grip even on wet surfaces.
- 3M SCOTCHLITE™ - A special reflective material that enhances visibility when light is poor.
- AHAR+ - This is a thinner and lighter version of ASICS High Abrasion Resistance rubber. It is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to reduce excessive wear.
- COMFORDRY SOCKLINER - This insole provides the optimum cushioning performance system, along with anti-microbial properties, creating a cooler, drier, healthier shoe environment.
- DUOMAX - A proprietary ASICS system that consists of two different density midsole materials and designed to provide smooth overpronation control.
- GEL (REARFOOT & FOREFOOT) CUSHIONING SYSTEM - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- GUIDANCE LINE - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- HEEL CLUTCHING SYSTEM - An external Pebax Heel Clutching System which works like an exoskeleton, providing support while clearing the heel area of a bulky internal structure. This innovation makes the shoe lighter and eliminates almost everything that might cause blisters or chafing.
- I.G.S. - The ASICS Impact Guidance System or I.G.S. is a technical shoe design philosophy that allows the athlete’s foot to perform in a more natural manner. ASICS high-tech I.G.S. shoes are constructed in a way that enhances natural “gait”.
- PROPULSION TRUSSTIC SYSTEM - The ASICS Propulsion Trusstic System mirrors the functions of the ligaments in the foot. It helps the foot transform from a flexible structure, for shock absorption through heel strike and mid-stance, into a powerful, rigid lever needed for forward propulsion.
- PROPULSION PLATE - The propulsion plate is a special hardened unit that has been placed in the forefoot for a more efficient propulsion phase.
- SLIP LASTING - For lightweight and flexibility. Upper is wrapped and stitched before it is glued to the midsole.
- SOLYTE - Proprietary cushioning material that provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability.
- WET GRIP RUBBER - An outsole made from a special blend of components designed to enhance traction – even on a wet surface.