NEW Autumn/Winter 2014 Model - Racing performance for overpronators.
Get stability and performance in a racing shoe. The new lightweight DS-RACER is a racing shoe suited to long-distance and marathon running.
With DuoMax technology in the midsole, this is a high-performance shoe designed for overpronators.
Itis lighter than past editions with a Solyte midsole that cuts down the weight of the shoe. There is also a lighter and more breathable upper that improves your flexibility and performance. Plus, the Propulsion Plate in the shoe improves your push-off for high-tempo running.
- 3M SCOTCHLITE™ - A special reflective material that enhances visibility when light is poor.
- AHAR+ - This is a thinner and lighter version of ASICS High Abrasion Resistance rubber. It is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to reduce excessive wear.
- CALIFORNIA SLIP LASTING - For stability and comfort. Upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
- DUOMAX - A proprietary ASICS system that consists of two different density midsole materials and designed to provide smooth overpronation control.
- GEL (REARFOOT) CUSHIONING SYSTEM - The ASICS GEL system is based on a special kind of silicone that enables optimal shock absorption. Rearfoot GEL provides cushioning in all directions, absorbs impact forces and helps to stabilise the foot during heel contact.
- I.G.S. - The ASICS Impact Guidance System or I.G.S. is a technical shoe design philosophy that allows the athlete’s foot to perform in a more natural manner. ASICS high-tech I.G.S. shoes are constructed in a way that enhances natural “gait”.
- MAGIC SOLE - Vented sole and midsole which minimizes weight and maximizes breathability.
- RACE LASTING - Lightweight and flexible. The upper is wrapped and stitched before it is glued to the midsole.
- REMOVABLE SOCKLINER - A sockliner which can be removed to accomodate a medical orthotic.
- SOLYTE - Proprietary cushioning material that provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability.
- TRUSSTIC SYSTEM - A moulded component under the mid-foot area/arch. Provides strength and stability without the loss of flexibility, and in combination with the contoured midsole, helps to control torsion.