The award-winning GEL-CHALLENGER series combines a classic look with state of the art technologies for tennis players, and offers an improved fit and better durability.
The DuoMax System in the midsole provides excellent sideways stability while the T-Truss, an extended Trusstic, offers additional support in the heel, especially for the jumping forehand stroke.
With both Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning, the shoe absorbs impact shock upon landing and take-off, while the Solyte midsole creates extra cushioning.
The shoe's outsole is slightly thicker on the inside of your foot to accommodate for sideways movements.
The Hotmelt upper contains less stitching, and less potential for irritation, to create a more comfortable fit. It is also more durable, especially on the inside of the shoe.
- AHAR+ - This is a thinner and lighter version of ASICS High Abrasion Resistance rubber. It is placed on heavy contact areas of the outsole to reduce excessive wear.
- DISCRETE EYESTAY LACING - Independently placed eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customised fitting enviroment and enhanced upper comfort, while reducing possible irritation.
- GEL (REARFOOT & FOREFOOT) CUSHIONING SYSTEM - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- P-GUARD - Upper material features an abrasion and tear resistant synthetic material which increases upper durability and increases protection to the medial side metatarsal region.
- PERSONAL HEEL FIT - A special foam heel construction that guarantees a perfect fit around the wearer’s heel.
- REMOVABLE SOCKLINER - A sockliner which can be removed to accomodate a medical orthotic.
- SOLYTE - Proprietary cushioning material that provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability.
- SpEVA 55 - Employs 55 degree SpEVA lasting material for a soft but stable platform feel.
- TRUSSTIC SYSTEM - A moulded component under the mid-foot area/arch. Provides strength and stability without the loss of flexibility, and in combination with the contoured midsole, helps to control torsion.